Director, Labour Relations (South) - External Posting
The Health Sciences Association of Alberta is a progressive union representing approximately 27,000 paramedical, professional and technical members. Our staff are committed to delivering high-quality services to our members.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and reputable professional with strong union values to oversee and provide leadership to our Labour Relations team. This out-of-scope position is located in our Calgary office and reports to the Executive Director. Our ideal candidate is ethical, strategic, well versed in mediation and negotiation techniques and has significant experience working in a unionized environment. With exposure to a broad range of activities and projects, this opportunity will support your career development and aspirations!
What You Bring:
You are a motivated, collaborative, values-driven leader with a minimum of ten years’ experience at a management or director level. Your success in this position will be enhanced by your degree in law, business, labour relations, human resources or a related field and by your collaborative approach to problem solving. Equivalencies may be considered.
You are a strong and effective manager and can provide expert advice to staff navigating complex labour relations matters related to collective agreements, grievances, mediation, arbitration, and settlements. You are an authentic and supportive leader who is committed to growing, challenging and supporting your team. You enjoy the challenges of achieving the strategic goals of your organization and approach your objectives with enthusiasm and tact. You have a thorough understanding of and commitment to trade union philosophy and public healthcare.
Your Core Competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving. You assess problems in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Drive for Results. You maximize resources to achieve organization goals while maintaining accountability to each other and stakeholders.
- Systems Thinking. You understand broad perspectives, set goals to meet long-term outcomes, and help others to see their role in achieving results.
- Develop Self and Others. You are committed to learning and understand the strategic importance of ongoing team development.
- Agility. You anticipate and adapt to changing priorities and environments. You are resilient in times of uncertainty.
- Develop Networks. You build connections and trust in relationships.
- Build Collaboration. You lead and contribute to conditions that support teamwork, collaboration, consistency and excellence.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation: Negotiable. Commensurate with experience.
- Top Benefits: 100% employer paid benefits, flex spending account, and pension plan.
- Work-Life Balance: 35-hour work week.
- Learning & Development: Internal and external training support.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources by clicking on this link. Tell us how your skills and experience align with this position.
Please note: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Health Sciences Association of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.