ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ FEDERATION
60 Mobile Drive, Toronto, Ontario. M4A 2P3
External Job Posting
for the position of
Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable
Five (5) Day Job Posting
The Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation is seeking the services of an individual to serve as the Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable in the Accounting Department. This is a unionized position.
PART 1 – POSITION SUMMARY
The Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable support a variety of activities including invoice entry, payment run processing, assisting members and vendors with inquiries, as well as assisting with the day-to-day general accounting functions of the Federation. The Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable will be responsible for processing and ensuring the accuracy of invoices for all Federation departments, in accordance with the policies of OSSTF/FEESO and applicable Canadian standards. The incumbent reports directly to the Financial Controller, Operational Services Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority):
1. Calculate, prepare and process invoices, bills, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, payroll reports and other financial records.
2. Code, batch, enter, and reconcile accounting documents before entering them into computer software or general ledger.
3. Compile data for budgets and reports and keep track of costs.
4. Prepare and keep track of prepayment schedules, multi-year contracts, and provide reports as requested.
5. Perform clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
6. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other related and applicable legislation.
7. Detailed tracking of Purolator orders, matching to invoices and reconciliation to statements
8. Correspond with vendors, respond to inquiries, and maintain vendor files.
9. Provide supporting documentation for audits
10. Track letters, invoices, payments, and statements.
11. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller, Operational Services Division and/or Senior Management.
PART II – POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a two (2) year apprenticeship program or equivalent, preference given to those with a two (2) year college diploma in accounting
- Minimum one (1) year experience with full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and advanced Excel expertise. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Sage 300 and Sage 50 is an asset
- Requires close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to utilize time management, set priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality.
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- In accordance with the COPE 343 Collective Agreement, the weekly starting salary for the Accounts Payable Clerk is $826.
- Please refer to the COPE 343 Collective Agreement for working conditions and benefits.
Please submit your résumé and covering letter to:
Mariya Zolotko, Financial Controller, Operational Services Division
c/o Zoe Vander Doelen, Human Resources Specialist
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
60 Mobile Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M4A 2P3
Please quote “Accounting Clerk – Accounts Payable” in the subject line.
OSSTF/FEESO is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our members and our communities. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), OSSTF/FEESO strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Recruitment Team in advance of attending the interview.
OSSTF/FEESO values the participation of members with different voices from lived experiences. We recognize that the selection of candidates from members of equity seeking groups is an asset. Self-identification of membership in equity seeking group(s) is voluntary. If you choose to self-identify, please indicate in your application any that apply to you:
- Racialized Person
- FNMI (First Nations, Métis, Inuit)
- Person with a Disability