The Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation invites applications for the position of Administrative Clerk with the Protective Services Division. This is a unionized position.
PART 1 – POSITION SUMMARY
The Administrative Clerk is responsible for answering phones, liaising with visitors, performing assigned clerical support duties to the assigned Division, in accordance with the policies of OSSTF/FEESO and applicable legislation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority):
1. Respond to telephone calls, direct messages and visitors providing information and/or assistance or refer to appropriate department or person.
2. Provide clerical support to the department, including, but not limited to, stuffing envelopes, filing, typing, photocopying, collating, faxing, labelling and dispatching of electronic mail.
3. Provide general information to OSSTF/FEESO members.
4. Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases.
5. Process incoming and outgoing mail, documents and faxes, manually or electronically.
6. Sort, process and verify applications, receipts, forms and other documents.
7. Coordinate the purchase of supplies and maintenance of office equipment for the department as required.
8. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other related and applicable legislation.
9. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Administrator or the Associate General Secretary.
PART II – POSITION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) months administrative experience and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Some office or administrative courses at the college level would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive and courteous manner with members, office staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills are required involving common sense, tact, courtesy and integrity both in person and by telephone.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality.
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- In accordance with the COPE 343 Collective Agreement, the weekly starting salary for an Administrative Clerk is $763.
- Please refer to the collective agreement for working conditions and benefits.
- May be required to work outside of business hours on occasion, as needed.
Please submit your résumé and covering letter to:
Brad Bennett, Associate General Secretary
c/o Karyn Purdy, Administrator
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
60 Mobile Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M4A 2P3
Marked “Personal and Confidential”
Please quote “Administrative Clerk” in the subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday January 28, 2020.