Duties for this position, while not limited to, may include such activities as:
- The accounting operations, primarily relating to accounts payable and expense reports.
- Full cycle accounts payable including setup of new vendors and maintaining vendor files.
- Review transactions for proper authorization and accurately input/ import key information into the accounting system.
- Verify proper approval and General Ledger coding on all expenses.
- Reconciliation of company credit cards; resolving any discrepancies identified.
- Assist with preparation and disbursement of payments to vendors on a timely basis in accordance with Federation policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Main point of contact for responses to A/P inquiries (email and phone) about invoices from vendors and member/ staff expenses.
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial reporting.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve accounts payable process.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or designate, including, but not limited to catering and reception relief.
- Other ad hoc requests and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Finance/Accounting.
- 5 years’ work experience working in accounts payable or accounting.
- Experience with Sage 300 ERP highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills to collaborate with Executive, staff, members and vendors.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently manage and organize multiple work activities and inputs in order to meet or exceed deadlines, within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Driven, result-oriented and positive individual.
- Ability to safely lift approximately 10 lbs or more.
Applications must be received no later than midnight Monday, June 15, 2020, quoting posting #201920-23.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836.