Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Type: Permanent Full-time
Group/Grade: Bargaining Unit 2/Grade 2
Rate: $59,331.58 (start) - $74,162.28
Date: March 12, 2020
Founded in 1973, the Ontario Nurses’ Association
(ONA) is a leading health-care union representing more than 65,000 registered nurses and health professionals and 18,000 nursing student affiliates working in Ontario hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health, community, clinics and industry. ONA is committed to the advancement of the social, economic and general welfare of its members providing labour relations services that include representation of members to ensure their rights under the collective agreement are protected and negotiating the best possible terms and conditions of employment. ONA advocates for the highest standards of health care for all Ontarians. Looking to the future, ONA will continue to provide proactive strategies to raise the awareness of the value (including economic and patient benefits) of RNs with all stakeholders.
ONA is seeking to hire an Administrative Services Clerk to join our Administrative Services Team. This position reports to the Manager of Building Administrative Services and works within the boundaries of ONA’s governing and administrative policies, vision and strategic outcomes, and team standards.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility is to work within the general provision of Administrative Services on a rotational basis; which includes general office administration, reception, shipping & mail services, catering. This multifaceted role requires a focus on providing quality service and support in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise, judgment and independence to provide advanced-level coordination and support across their team with a professional and service-focused approach. With a high attention to detail and exemplary initiative, the successful candidate will be accountable for providing support to members and staff in a manner that is consistent with our member values.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
General Office Administration
- Ensures meeting rooms and kitchens are appropriately stocked with supplies.
- Assists in meeting room set-up/configuration.
- Assists with interoffice moves.
- Monitors Building Administrative Services Intake (email/phone/in person requests), on a rotational basis and dispatches service requests
- May be required to provide backup to print operator, particularly during peak activity periods and vacations.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Act as a fire warden as needed
- Reception – Answers a multi-line phone system in a friendly and professional manner, directing all calls to the appropriate party.
- Promptly greeting people in a friendly and professional manner in person as they enter our Reception area
- Screen visitors as they enter the building and enforce security measures (i.e. only granting access into the building for those who have contacted reception.)
Shipping & Mail Services
- Receives, opens and distributes all incoming mail
- Provides regular internal mail pickup and delivery
- Collects and processes outbound mail and packages (members, locals, regional offices and others)
- Processes weekly courier packages for delivery to regional offices
- Tracks couriers to ensure timely delivery
- Orders supplies related to postage & equipment
- Replenishes inventory of forms, stationary and brochures as required
- Ensures postage, date stamp weigh scale and tape sealer are in good working order; calls for repairs as necessary
- Ensures receipts of purchases (shipping, mailing and catering) in accordance with purchase order or quotes.
- Matches invoices (shipping, mail, courier and catering) with purchase order or quotes.
- Initiates and maintains records for postage due accounts
- Assembles and distributes membership kits, retiree mailings, other mailings as required
- Assists in ordering, receiving, set up and clean-up of meals and refreshments
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- Post-secondary certificate and/or diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience; including one+ (1+) years of experience as a receptionist (or equivalent combination of education/experience satisfactory to ONA).
- File/records management (manual and electronic) experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and demonstrated experience in database management.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment in accordance with instructions; High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work professionally with people from various levels of the organization; Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible individual who can work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to comfortably communicate with various levels of personnel and suppliers.
- Manual lifting required based on scope of the role
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
Please submit your application by March 26, 2020
The Ontario Nurses’ Association is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.