POSITION: Administrative Assistant – Full-Time Regular
SALARY: $2,376.00 bi-weekly
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the MoveUP/USW2009 collective agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
The following are key operational duties, but are not limited to these administrative functions:
- Assist Union Representatives by setting up and maintaining bargaining unit files; compiling grievance information; updating membership information; maintaining contact lists.
- Contact Union Job Stewards and Executive Councillors and make arrangements for meetings and travel arrangements.
- Compose, prepare, format, and type correspondence, reports, forms and other documentation.
- Operate a PC and a full range of application software programs to a fully skilled level.
- Perform receptionist and switchboard duties as required
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls and operating related telephone equipment.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Input and maintenance of data and data related systems.
- Other duties as required.
- 2-4 years of previous administration/reception experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Good time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Be able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone
- Be able to speak using clear, professional language and answer the telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Have demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-starting and work in a team-based environment
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry
- Experience in use of general office equipment
- Experience with UnionWare and Laserfiche an asset
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure
- Be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Demonstrated interest and/or participation in trade union activities essential
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a creative and vibrant office environment. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualiﬁed individuals.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the MoveUP team, please send your application directly to Ram Atwal in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development
MoveUP represents more than 12,000 union members at public and private sector companies in Western Canada.
We are Local 378 of the Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union (COPE/SEPB), which represents over 30,000 members, and we are affiliated with the BC Federation of Labour, the Canadian Labour Congress, and provincial labour councils. We are also affiliated with UNI Global Union and IndustriALL Global Union through our national union. For more information, please visit www.moveuptogether.ca.
MoveUP unites professionals to champion and advance the rights, dignity, and respect of all workers.
By organizing and mobilizing workers to strengthen their rights and pursue social justice, MoveUP is the union of choice.
As a progressive union, we provide a supportive and respectful workplace that enables the best performance of each staff member so that together we can:
- Activate our members
- Protect workers
- Promote solidarity
- Build a more just society
- Remove barriers to inclusivity