Administrative Assistant – Bilingual
Unifor Local 2002 is seeking to fill a full-time position at our Mississauga office. The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of general administrative and clerical duties. The candidate must be self-motivated, highly productive, organized and can work in a busy and dynamic environment. The candidate will report directly to the President of Unifor Local 2002.
- Performs general administrative functions. Duties may include documenting, photocopying, faxing, mailing, computer scanning, voice messaging, typing and word processing.
- Reception duties consisting of:
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Reception communication by telephone and in-person
- File and maintain the database
- Completes internal and external correspondence
- Distributes legal documents
- Prepares form letters, documents, and distributes as directed (in English and French)
- Receives, opens, sorts, prioritizes and distributes incoming mail
- Coordinates and organizes meetings and conferences
- Books meeting venues and catering requirements,
- Prepares meeting boardroom (s) with audio-visual equipment and flip charts etc.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas within the required timelines
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as directed
- Book, coordinate, organize travel/hotel arrangements required for members
- Maintains adequate office supplies and office equipment services
- Works on all elections within the organization
- Works closely with a co-worker in the administration department
- Assist with other duties as assigned by President
Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of College, and/or relevant post-secondary education
- Administrative Assistant diploma or related diploma
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages (English and French)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Training or experience in the travel industry specifically airline or hospitality service is an asset
- Two to five years of experience working in an office environment performing similar job functions is recommended
- Knowledge of the Labour Union sector is an asset
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational, planning and communication skills
- Must be punctual, professional, and flexible to work extra hours on an occasional short-term basis: evenings or weekends – some travel may be required
- Must have a personal vehicle and driver’s license
Starting Salary range $42,000.00 – 47,000.00, per annum based on experience and qualifications. Please note the successful candidate will have a six (6) month probationary period.
Unifor Local 2002 is a strong and effective union striving to protect the economic rights of our members. We are committed to building the strongest and most relevant union to bargain on behalf of all members. We are dedicated to providing members with a decent standard of living while ensuring that dignity and respect is part of every workplace. Unifor Local 2002 is part of the Airline Division of Unifor representing over 15,000 members across Canada in all provinces and territories.