The Health Sciences Association of Alberta is a progressive union representing approximately 27,000 paramedical professional and technical members. Our staff are committed to delivering high-quality services to our members.
We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant I – Member Benefits who will work out of the Edmonton office and report to the Manager of Member Services. This is a temporary position covering a maternity leave of absence. This in-scope position will be responsible for processing bursary applications, as well as researching, coordinating, and marketing a member benefit and discount program. The incumbent will act as a liaison with members regarding bursaries and other monetary fund applications. Consequently, strong customer service and problem-solving skills are critical for success.
What you bring
You possess a post-secondary diploma in business or office administration, as well as three years’ experience in an administrative or customer service role. Equivalent education and work experience may be considered.
This position is well-suited to individuals with strong interpersonal and communications skills. In fulfilling the duties of the role, you will be expected to coordinate multiple groups and committees, communicate with employees at all levels within the organization, and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational and time-management skills are needed, as well as the ability to work with ambiguity and complete assignments from general instructions. Confidentiality is required, as well as knowledge of PIPA and other provincial privacy legislation.
Your core competencies
- Creative problem solving. You identify information deficiencies and develop methods for obtaining the data.
- Agility. You anticipate shifting demands and are capable of multi-tasking.
- Develop networks. You build connections and trust in relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Build collaboration. You contribute to the work of committees and other team members.
- Systems thinking. You understand how your work contributes to the success of the organization and promotes member engagement.
- Drive for results. You take ownership of achieving results as an individual and as part of a team.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation: $32.97-$40.52 per hour
- Top benefits: 100% employer-paid benefits, flex spending account and pension plan.
- Work-life balance: 35-hour work week
- Learning & development: Internal and external training support.
How to apply
Please submit you application to Human Resources by clicking this link. Tell us how your skills and experience align with this position. A cover letter is required. Written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this position and your cover letter will be reviewed as part of the recruitment process.
Deadline for applications: Monday, November 25, 2019 at midnight.
For a PDF of the job posting, please click here.