$63 881 $ – $71 899, plus $1 486.43 bilingual allowance (Expired salary)
Term up to six months
Purpose of position:
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Negotiations, the Administrative Assistant, Negotiations, provides administrative support to the negotiations process. Through direct assignment to negotiators within the Section, the Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative support, such as preparation of documents, correspondence, travel and meeting arrangements, and expense claim processing, for units assigned to those negotiators. The Administrative Assistant also acts as the administrative liaison between the Negotiations Section and staff involved in negotiations in the regional offices, provides administrative support to other officers in the Section and, working as part of a team of administrative assistants and other staff, contributes to the effective administrative functioning of the entire Section.
- Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, plus experience providing administrative support and/or secretarial duties in a union, legal, regulatory or similar environment; OR
- An equivalent level of experience and education normally acquired through several years of experience in providing administrative or secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities, as well as an understanding of and commitment to union principles;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, in particular the collective bargaining process;
- Some familiarity with the government, its practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of basic financial procedures.
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of French and English grammar;
- Proficiency in written and oral English and French communication skills;
- Ability in the use of a personal computer, including the ability to use Windows, e‑mail and the Internet;
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Ability to determine priorities and problem solve with minimum supervision.
- High degree of initiative;
- Good judgment;
- Good organizational skills.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
English requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
French requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.