Reporting to the Pension Officer, the incumbent provides administrative and technical support to the Pension Officer. The incumbent carries out a wide variety of pension administration responsibilities which aid in the efficient management of the PSAC Pension Plan.
Education and Experience:
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through a minimum of three years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of trade union role, objectives;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e‑mail and internet. Familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of French and English grammar. Written and oral English and French communication skills are essential;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and problem solving.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- An understanding of PSAC procedures and commitment to union principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.