Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Representation Section, this position provides secretarial and administrative support to the national and/or regionalized Grievance and Adjudication Officers, and/or Alternate Dispute Resolution Officers, and/or Classification Officers and/or Analysts (referred to as “Representation Officers”).
Education and Experience:
- The candidate for the position requires general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other work processing functions using Microsoft Word.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including to use Windows, e-mail, spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of French and English grammar;
- French and English written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.