ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – REGINA
Posting Date: March 3, 2020
Closing Date: March 13, 2020, 4:30 p.m.
Pay Band 6: $29.52 - $32.04/hour
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Considerable knowledge of the specialized routines and practices followed within an organization.
• The knowledge and ability to operate and apply modern office equipment including some advanced software applications to perform administrative, secretarial and word processing assignments.
• Good knowledge of office principles, practices and procedures of a secretarial nature.
• Good understanding of trade unions and their purpose is required.
• An ability to work as a team is required.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative in problem solving.
• Superior communication skill, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion is required.
• Demonstrated ability to be detail orientated, prioritizing assignments, and experience in the advance features of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel) is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate plus a completion of one year office education from a recognized school or Business College, or a minimum of three years’ experience in an office setting is required.
• Experience on computers in particular, word processing, database packages, and other office equipment.
HOURS OF WORK The hours of work for these positions will be 32 hours per week.
The daily and weekly hours of work will be assigned by the Department’s Director between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm either Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday.
Please forward your résumé along with a cover letter to:
Recruitment, SGEU 1011 Devonshire Drive N. Regina, SK S4X 2X4 E-mail: email@example.com
SGEU is committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. All applicants are requested to describe in their application where they have gained their knowledge, skills and abilities and how their experience relates to the position. This information will be used to screen applications. Please quote the posting number(s) for which you are wishing to be considered. USW Local 9841 qualified candidates will be given first consideration.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.