Provision of membership administration activities, including the receipt, distribution and adjustment of dues, and associated data management services; and provision of general administrative support duties, as required.
- Methods and techniques of data entry, retrieval and manipulation; and demonstrated knowledge of automated systems (UW, Access) and applications (Word, Excel).
- Preferably sound knowledge of English and French (oral and written) and associated communications skills.
- General knowledge of Section’s functions, in order to answer questions related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of the PSAC structure and of the bargaining units represented by the PSAC.
- Basic office procedures, such as filing, correspondence, faxing, sorting mail, etc.
- Data / information gathering methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.;
- Ability to process numbers and utilize mathematical formulas.
- Ability to organize work responsibilities to meet multiple and competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative and good judgement.
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and social issues.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.