Communications and Campaigns Division Assistant Director, Digital Communications Specialist Term position (5 years)
Reporting to the Director of the Communications and Campaigns Division and the Executive Director, the Assistant Director assists in ongoing digital communications and strategic campaigns co-ordinated by the division.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develops digital communication support materials, including memes, videos, and other visuals.
• Participates in the digital strategy review and web renewal project.
• Creates and revises website content to ensure it is current, relevant, and engaging.
• Provides staff and advisory committees with communications advice and supports them in the co-ordination of communications and publications.
• Assists with digital communications strategies, campaigns, advertising, and training for local leaders and other members.
• Assists with overall internal and external communications responsibilities in the division.
• Experience and demonstrated skill in the creation and management of communications strategies.
• Experience with advertising strategies and the use of storytelling to motivate and inspire.
• Experience with communications and advocacy imperatives in member-based organizations.
• Very strong writing skills and experience with a range of writing styles.
• High energy; ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple imperatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative communications team.
• Experience in advocacy for public education.
• Teaching experience, preferably in the BC public school system.
Other: Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and flexible to travel.
Salary: Starting salary is $99,875 per annum depending on BCTF staff experience, if any. Full range of benefits.
Appointment date: September 1, 2019; the end date for this term is August 31, 2024.
Applications: Only applications received in writing by 5:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1, 2019, will be considered. Send a letter of application, citing job posting number JP1104, and résumé including reference contact information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the BCTF Human Resources Department, BC Teachers’ Federation, 100–550 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4P2. (Please contact Jeannine Coulombe at 604-871-2200 or toll free 1-800-663-9163, ext. 2200, to indicate that you have emailed your application.)
Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1, 2019.
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, an applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, which includes female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), visible minority or racialized person, Aboriginal (Indigenous) person, person with a disability, or lesbian, gay, or bisexual person.