The Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation invites applications for the position of Administrative Clerk with the Operational Services Division. This is a unionized position.
PART 1 – POSITION SUMMARY
The Administrative Clerk is responsible for answering phones, liaising with visitors, performing assigned clerical support duties to the assigned Division, in accordance with the policies of OSSTF/FEESO and applicable legislation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority):
- Respond to telephone calls, direct messages and visitors providing information and/or assistance or refer to appropriate department or person.
- Provide clerical support to the department, including, but not limited to, stuffing envelopes, filing, typing, photocopying, collating, faxing, labelling and dispatching of electronic mail.
- Provide general information to OSSTF/FEESO members.
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, documents and faxes, manually or electronically.
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts, forms and other documents.
- Coordinate the purchase of supplies and maintenance of office equipment for the department as required.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other related and applicable legislation.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Administrator or the AssociateGeneral Secretary.
PART II – POSITION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) months administrative experience and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a requirement.
- Some office or administrative courses at the college level would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive and courteous manner with members, office staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills are required involving common sense, tact, courtesy and integrity both in person and by telephone.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality.
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
In accordance with the COPE 343 Collective Agreement, the weekly starting salary for an Administrative Clerk is $751.
- Please refer to the collective agreement for working conditions and benefits.
- May be required to work outside of business hours on occasion, as needed.
Please submit your résumé and covering letter to:
Jim Spray, Associate General Secretary
c/o Zoe Vander Doelen, Human Resources Specialist
Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation
60 Mobile Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M4A 2P3
Marked “Personal and Confidential”
Please quote “Bilingual Administrative Clerk” in the subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 29, 2019.
OSSTF/FEESO is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our members and our communities. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), OSSTF/FEESO strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Recruitment Team in advance of attending the interview.
OSSTF/FEESO values the participation of members with different voices from lived experiences. We recognize that the selection of candidates from members of equity seeking groups is an asset. Self-identification of membership in equity seeking group(s) is voluntary. Ifyou choose to self-identify, please indicate in your application any that apply to you:
- Racialized Person
- FNMI (First Nations, Métis, Inuit)
- Person with a Disability