British Columbia Teachers’ Federation
On-Call Office Support
($25.92–$29.05 per hour)
We are seeking individuals who are interested in on-call office support work with the BC Teachers’ Federation including reception, mail room, and secretarial duties. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
Required experience and skills:
• three years’ experience in an office, mailroom, or warehousing environment
• proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Grade 12 Diploma supplemented by secretarial or office procedures courses
• flexibility and willingness to accept assignments on short notice
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• ability to lift/move 30-pound boxes on an occasional basis.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and references, not later than 5:00 p.m. on November 8, 2019, to the Human Resources Department, BC Teachers’ Federation, 100–550 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4P2, or by email at email@example.com quoting Job Posting JPCAS-2019-03 interest is appreciated but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, an applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, which includes female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), visible minority or racialized person, Aboriginal (Indigenous) person, person with a disability, or lesbian, gay, or bisexual person.