The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria:
- Administered programs successfully and supervised staff in an effective and respectful manner;
- Five or more years of experience in a leadership role in the area of finance, ideally in an environment such as a federation, association, union, or other non-profit public sector organization;
- Experience in the development, management, and administration of all aspects of the finances of a non-profit organization;
- An understanding of the role of information technology and information management within a progressive organization;
- A practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
- Successful completion of a university degree in accounting (CPA designation), economics, business, or related field;
- Understanding and application of professional accounting principles;
- Demonstrated understanding of fiduciary obligations;
- Documented history of integrity, excellent judgment;
- Excellent understanding of union governance principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.