Reporting to the Director of the Communications and Campaigns Division and the Executive Director, the Assistant Director assists in ongoing digital communications and strategic campaigns co-ordinated by the division.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develops digital communication support materials, including memes, videos, and other visuals.
• Participates in the digital strategy review and web renewal project.
• Creates and revises website content to ensure it is current, relevant, and engaging.
• Provides staff and advisory committees with communications advice and supports them in the co-ordination of communications and publications.
• Assists with digital communications strategies, campaigns, advertising, and training for local leaders and other members.
• Assists with overall internal and external communications responsibilities in the division.
• Experience and demonstrated skill in the creation and management of communications strategies.
• Experience with advertising strategies and the use of storytelling to motivate and inspire.
• Experience with communications and advocacy imperatives in member-based organizations.
• Very strong writing skills and experience with a range of writing styles.
• High energy; ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple imperatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative communications team.
• Experience in advocacy for public education.
• Teaching experience, preferably in the BC public school system.
Other: Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and flexible to travel.
Salary: Starting salary is $99,875 per annum depending on BCTF staff experience, if any. Full range of benefits.
Appointment date: September 1, 2019; the end date for this term is August 31, 2024.
Applications: Only applications received in writing by 5:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1, 2019, will be considered. Send a letter of application, citing job posting number JP1104, and résumé including reference contact information by email to email@example.com or by mail to the BCTF Human Resources Department, BC Teachers’ Federation, 100–550 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4P2. (Please contact Jeannine Coulombe at 604-871-2200 or toll free 1-800-663-9163, ext. 2200, to indicate that you have emailed your application.)
Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1, 2019.
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, an applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, which includes female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), visible minority or racialized person, Aboriginal (Indigenous) person, person with a disability, or lesbian, gay, or bisexual person.