TERM POSITION – REGINA
UP TO ONE YEAR
Pay Band 12: $39.74-$46.80/hr
Closing Date: March 25, 2019
Reporting to the Director responsible for Communications and under the direction of the President, the Communication Officer’s work is performed in consultation with Senior Sector leaders, Labour Relations Officers, other Communications Officers, the Research Officer and the Education Officer. We are searching for a positive, proactive, dynamic communications person to engage members and communicate our message to the public through the use of creative and visual concepts, including digital-related projects and management of a day-to-day social media channel presence. The successful candidate will work closely with other Communications colleagues and provide design and layout for various printed pieces and email templates/campaigns, manage website content and graphics, be responsible for social media posts, monitor all our current channels, and provide support to the various committees for posters, graphics, etc. as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in media and communications, journalism, social sciences, or arts with three years’ experience in the communications field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of the labour movement, the public sector, and key public policy issues;
- Designing communications products utilizing technical programs such as Adobe Creative Suite;
- Editing newsletters and other publications;
- Developing content and writing articles and advertisements, including overseeing the design and layout;
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders in a Union environment;
- Strategic planning processes and implementation of strategic plans in an identified service area or program of labour relations.
Candidates are asked to forward a detailed resume and describe in the application their knowledge, skills and abilities together with how their experience relates to the position. Please cite the posting number in the cover letter.
Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to provide a portfolio of original works, which showcases their design abilities and different formats they have worked with. Portfolios may include a combination of:
Samples of (not limited to):
- printed design work (pamphlet, poster, postcard, advertisement, billboard)
- digital design work (infographic, meme, shareable, digital billboard, Facebook ads)
- website maintained or created
- piece of animation (online ad, video explainer, an animated digital billboard)
Please submit no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date to:
1011 N Devonshire Dr
Regina, SK S4X 2X4 Fax: 522-1250
A complete job description for the position may be found here.
SGEU is committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. We thank everyone for their application but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.