This position will be responsible for supporting the administration, implementation and maintenance of all data systems and Information Technology resources at the AMAPCEO Office.
Specific responsibilities may include:
▪ Provides database development and administration support to the AMAPCEO office including support in reviewing variance reports from database information; produces ad hoc variance reports as requested and approved; compiles newsletter address list from various sources
▪ Provides support in implementing database upgrades and troubleshoots database problems; provides support in developing and implementing SQL databases
▪ Maintains files of archived material; archives database information manually and electronically
▪ Aids in training of staff on computer software programs; develops and maintains custom software documentation
▪ Works with relevant staff unit(s) to reconcile and move resolved dispute records from the active to the inactive section of the dispute database yearly; removes duplicate records from the dispute database upon request
▪ Provides Information Technology support to the AMAPCEO office including technical support to staff on office computer software and hardware problems, office equipment; Laserfiche Client and Server connectivity and software issues
▪ Troubleshoots problems with office equipment (printers, copiers, scanner, faxes, postage machine); Sets up office employee workstations with role appropriate software applications, troubleshoots computer performance issues
▪ Provides support in maintaining and monitors all network requirements for the office, diagnose and troubleshoot network problems as reported
▪ Support and back-up the Information Technology and Network Administrator position and the Systems Administrator / Developer position
▪ Responds to general work requested for senior staff; performs special projects and other related duties as requested.
Candidates should possess:
▪ Bachelors' Degree in Information Technology / Computer Sciences or equivalent ▪ At least 5 years of Information Technology experience in corporate environment
▪ Strong working knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in using PC / networked computer to produce word processed materials, use database and email with a strong aptitude for detailed analytical work ▪ Sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System software and SQL database administration and development as well as Access database administration and development
▪ Sound knowledge of desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and their applications in data processing
▪ Working knowledge of functions and capabilities of office equipment and computers to provide technical support to staff, Printer (networked and stand alone) and Fax Setup and Support; Microsoft Visual Basic influenced by .NET Framework (VB.Net), and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
▪ Excellent clerical, database and administrative skills and a sound working knowledge of office procedures and practices
▪ General network security and configuration knowledge including in Microsoft Exchange 2012, Windows 2012 Server Software and Active Directory Administration
▪ Ability to use excellent time management skills to balance constant interruptions with need to meet tight deadlines; establish own priorities, and co-ordinate and organize a variety of arrangements with others to meet strict monthly schedules
▪ Ability to work well under pressure, with minimal general day-to day supervision, and work independently as well as in a team environment
▪ Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and oral communications and manner to deal well with staff, service providers, Ministry of Government Services counterparts and AMAPCEO members.
AMAPCEO Office, 1 Dundas Street West, Suite 2310, Toronto, ON Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required and occasional requirement to work outside normal working hours.
All interested applicants should submit a résumé with covering letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 11, 2019, before 4:00 p.m., to the attention of Farrah Charania, Manager, Human Resources and Administrative Services. A copy of the job description is available upon request.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please provide your contact information to the Manager, Human Resources and Administrative Services. AMAPCEO is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.