Vacancy ID#: 2019-35 (re-post)
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Type: Permanent Full-time
Group/Grade: Bargaining Unit 2/Grade 2
Rate: $57,308.24 (start) - $71,633.18
Date: June 6, 2019
Founded in 1973, the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) is a leading health-care union representing more than 65,000 registered nurses and health professionals and 18,000 nursing student affiliates working in Ontario hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health, community, clinics and industry. ONA is committed to the advancement of the social, economic and general welfare of its members providing labour relations services that include representation of members to ensure their rights under the collective agreement are protected and negotiating the best possible terms and conditions of employment. ONA advocates for the highest standards of health care for all Ontarians. Looking to the future, ONA will continue to provide proactive strategies to raise the awareness of the value (including economic and patient benefits) of RNs with all stakeholders.
ONA is seeking to hire a Dues & Membership Processing Clerk. Reporting to the Manager, Membership Records, the Dues & Membership Processing Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of records and processing of dues submissions while also supporting a variety of stakeholders’ needs.
This role is best suited to an individual who is detail oriented, has excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively handle confidential information. This position will provide you the opportunity to demonstrate expertise, judgment and independence demonstrating a professional and service-focused approach to show advanced level coordination and support across their team.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
Dues Processing and Record Maintenance:
- Reviews, logs, prepares and reconciles daily dues deposits and identifies any corrections. Processes employer dues’ submissions. Tracks and reconciles any submission errors, issues and omissions including follow-up with employers’ payroll contacts regarding notification of appropriate dues rates and members potentially missing deductions and/or job status updates.
- Monitors and follows-up on the employers’ compliance with the applicable provisions of the Collective Agreements, including but not limited to the appropriate follow-up, reporting, actions and prepares documentation that would support labour relations grievance and arbitration outcomes lead by other teams at ONA.
- Tracks, processes and reports all dues related to grievance and/or arbitration settlements.
- Accurate and timely processing of member, job and dues record updates.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of membership entitlements under the Constitution including but not limited to voting, membership card provision and Union communications.
- Provides back-up support for the Executive/Structural Lead role.
- Timely maintenance of applicable logs, documents and tracking tools.
Stakeholder Support and Quality Assurance:
- Supports staff, members, external stakeholder affiliates, Executive and Board of Directors requests both directly and/or through team intake.
- System upgrade testing, report development, data inputs and/or data extract quality assurance work.
- Education support to staff and Local/Bargaining Unit Leadership as it relates to dues and membership content.
- Supports routine and ad-hoc projects and new initiatives as assigned.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience working with records management, database processing and payments; including tracking, reporting and reconciliation. Ideally in a member based organization.
- Two (2) to five (5) years customer services experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Experience in a unionized, labour relations environment is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and demonstrated experience in database management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment in accordance with instructions/process; high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible individual who can work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Solution-oriented thinker, able to resolve conflicting demands in a timely and productive manner.
- Proficiency in English is required with strong oral and written skills, along with problem solving.
- French bilingual is considered an asset.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, visit our website and apply today!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by end of day June 20, 2019. Please include the vacancy ID#2019-35 in the subject line.
The Ontario Nurses’ Association is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.