Salary: $45,639 - $51,364, plus $1,486.43 Bilingual Allowance
Employment type: Term up to one year
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Closing Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 15:30 EST
English requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
French requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
Employment equity designation: Designated
Target groups: Women
Search area: Employees of PSAC, Components, and PSAC Holdings Ltd, Members giving PSAC membership number, General public
Competition Number: 9300-0003A-020
Branch/Section: Membership Programs Branch
Group: AEU 2
Classification: Band 4
Purpose of position:
The position is responsible for providing telephone reception service and responding to email enquiries for the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC).
- Knowledge of general office procedures such as keyboarding, transcription, telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used to operate office equipment, such as a fax, photocopier, telephone answering equipment for carrying out daily reception, telecommunication and general office functions.
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software, such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) as well as the Internet.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate their commitment to union principles and social justice.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.