The Health Sciences Association of Alberta is a progressive union representing approximately 26,000 paramedical professional and technical members. Our staff are committed to delivering high-quality services to our members.
We are looking for a full-time temporary Events Planner that will work out of the Edmonton office reporting to the Member Services Manager for an 18-month term. This in-scope position will be responsible for planning and hosting events that enhance HSAA’s image, improves member loyalty, and supports member experience at internal and external events. This position will be tasked with researching and securing venues, coordinating event activities, logistics, and travel, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event objectives.
What you bring:
You possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, such as event management, hospitality management, or business, as well as three years of event planning experience. Hotel customer service is an asset. Equivalent education and work experience may be considered.
You are an energetic, creative, out-of-the box thinker who understands the importance of brand recognition and meaningful event experience. You possess excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to coordinate multiple events while maintaining exceptional relationships with stakeholders. You approach event management with professionalism with your excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality. You prioritize your work and excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You share the core values of HSAA and believe in the value that unions bring to workers.
Your core competencies:
- Creative problem solving: You contribute ideas for how the work can be done differently to solve issues.
- Agility: You anticipate and adapt to changing priorities. You are resilient in times of uncertainty.
- Develop networks: You build connections and trust in relationships.
- Build collaboration: You contribute to conditions that support teamwork, collaboration, consistency and excellence.
- Systems thinking: You understand how the work you do contributes to the overall success of the organization.
- Drive for results: You take ownership of achieving results as an individual and as part of a team.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation: Starting at $36.86 per hour
- Top benefits: 100% employer-paid benefits, flex spending account and pension plan
- Work-life balance: 35-hour work week
- Learning & development: Internal and external training support.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to Human Resources using this link. Tell us how your skills and experience align with this position. A cover letter is required. Written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this position and your cover letter will be reviewed as part of the recruitment process.
Deadline for applications: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Health Sciences Association of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.