The Executive Assistant is a Staff Officer responsible for assisting members and Locals, working with committees, and developing and administering Federation programs, services, and policies.
The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria. The candidate has:
- Health and safety certification;
- Participated in site based and system based health and safety committees and school site inspections;
- Expertise in various areas of health and safety issues affecting ETFO members including violence, serious student incidents and the initiation and resolution of complaints to the Ministry of Labour;
- Expertise in legislation, policy and procedures for health and safety, including workers’ rights under the legislation;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- A practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
- A commitment to maintaining high quality publicly funded education
- A commitment to equity and social justice;
- Development and delivery of member education
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, leading the Federation’s multi-year strategy to address violence in public elementary schools and the creation of programs and resources to enhance the awareness of health and safety issues among members. The development of health and safety programs for local leaders and local health and safety representatives and the overall promotion of member rights to a safe workplace. The role will have a focus on the development and delivery of training programs for ETFO stewards. Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Preferred qualifications of candidates include:
- a broad range of Federation involvement;
- a Certificate of Qualification to teach in Ontario;
- a university degree;
- five years of successful employment experience.
Applications must be received by Midnight, November 2, 2020, quoting posting #202021-08 in your subject line.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants may contact the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.