The Executive Assistant is a Staff Officer responsible for providing guidance to the Federation regarding digital communications and communication strategy, assisting members and Locals, working with committees, and developing and administering Federation programs, services, and policies in the Communications and Political Action service area at ETFO Provincial Office.
- Experience developing integrated digital communications campaigns;
- Understanding of Ontario AODA requirements as they related to websites and other forms of digital communications;
- Understanding of privacy requirements related to websites and other forms digital communications;
- Experience with website content curation;
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing;
- Proven project and process management skills focused on website development and redevelopment projects.
- Proven experience leading teams and collaborating with team members;
- Effective communication skills using a wide range of methods including written resources, websites, and social media;
- Proven experience facilitating groups of adults in a variety of settings;
- Exemplary writing skills;
- A university degree (or equivalent);
- Five years of successful employment experience;
- Practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
- A deep commitment to the principles of social justice and equity;
- Commitment to the labour movement and an understanding of the impact unions have had on society; and
- A commitment to maintaining high quality publicly funded education.
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated leader able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with the senior leadership team and colleagues. As well, the successful candidate is expected to travel to support efforts at the local level, as required.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertaking strategic design, implementation and management of a range of on-line & off-line communication strategies targeting ETFO members, the public, and government, to promote the aims and objectives of the Federation;
- Managing the redesign of the ETFO website and extranet;
- Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the ETFO website;
- Managing ETFO’s website, including copywriting and editing, setting KPIs and using analytics (including Google Analytics, email marketing tracking) to regularly measure, evaluate and optimise digital communications activity;
- Championing digital web strategy and online best practices within the organization;
- Ensuring web projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Providing guidance to the organization on e-Business (social media, interactive media, webcasting, podcasting, online video) activities, available resources/ applications and emerging trends; and
- Tracking, reviewing and monitoring implementation progress, identifying issues, resolving problems and providing updates/status reports as required.
Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Interested applicants are required to submit a letter of application and a resume. Applications must be submitted by midnight, September 2, 2020, quoting posting #202021-1.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants may contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.