The Executive Assistant is a Staff Officer responsible for assisting members and Locals, working with committees, and developing and administering Federation programs, services, and policies in the Professional Learning/Curriculum service area at the ETFO Provincial Office.
The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria. The candidate has:
- Thorough knowledge of Ministry of Education policies related to the operation of schools, curriculum, student assessment and student instruction;
- Demonstrated understanding of ETFO’s policies and procedures related to professional learning, student assessment, and equity and social justice;
- Experience advocating for the professional judgement rights of educators;
- The ability to communicate effectively using a wide range of methods including written resources, websites, and social media
- Demonstrated expertise and commitment to ensuring equity in student achievement and fostering social justice in schools;
- Proven experience facilitating groups of adults in a variety of settings;
- Exemplary writing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and delivery of professional learning programs and the supervision of professional learning program facilitators;
- Proven experience leading teams and collaborating with team members;
- Practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
- Commitment to the labour movement and an understanding of the impact unions have had on society; and
- A commitment to maintaining high quality publicly funded education.
Role responsibilities will include but not be limited to the development of resources and professional learning activities for ETFO members, advocating on behalf of educators, and ensuring the professional judgement rights of educators. Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Preferred qualifications of candidates include:
- a broad range of Federation involvement;
- a Certificate of Qualification to teach in Ontario;
- a university degree;
- five years of successful employment experience.
Applications must be received by midnight, November 2, 2020 quoting posting #202021-07 in your subject line.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants may contact the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or email@example.com.