Reception / Assistant:
1. Update and maintain existing two word press web sites
2. Create content for facebook and twitter and manage both feeds
3. Coordination of electronic elections including the maintenance of a voting list and working with a third-party provider.
4. Use a membership data base system to maintain a record of:
a. Total bargaining unit membership
b. Total retiree association membership
c. Grievances, grievance resolutions and arbitration decisions
d. WSIB employee claims
e. Collective agreement negotiations
5. Coordinate in-office activities
6. Schedule on-site meetings, reservations for offsite meetings and register related union leave of absence request with the respective employer.
7. Arrange and determine the most financially sound travel for conferences and meetings as required.
8. Answer and action calls and emails and where necessary direct to the appropriate contact.
9. Maintain mailing systems for all members, Unit Advisory Committees, Executive Board members and Union Officers, associated labour organizations and public relations contacts to aid in the distribution of material such as notices, minutes and executive reports.
10. Tracking office supplies and ordering them as needed
Back-up of Office Manager:
1. Liaise with the Treasurer with respect to all his/her accounting responsibilities
2. Process expenses
3. Process payment of per capita fees to any organization to which the Local is affiliated.
4. Perform inventory control and supervise maintenance of Union equipment and supplies.
Part Time Position:
- $21 to $25 per hour
- Part time position of 20 to 24 hours per week
- Three-month probation period
- Develop, update and maintain websites using WordPress
- General knowledge and understanding of running and processing payroll
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Well versed in excel, windows, Microsoft access, google docs
7370 Bramalea Road, Unit 32
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - with the subject line "Executive Assistant and Web Developer postion"