(Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer & Director, Labour Relations Services)
Full-Time, 8 month Temporary contract
Salary Range - $85,000 - $105,000
This position is responsible for providing a broad range of executive support and coordination to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) & Director Labour Relations Services. The incumbent will also assist the COO and the Management Team in the implementation of a multi-year strategic plan; provide oversight and coordination of the operational and strategic priorities and projects assigned to the COO; and provide support and assistance to, and in some instances project management / coordination for, the two Team Leads within the Labour Relations Services Unit (LRSU).
Working with minimum supervision and reporting directly to the COO & Director of Labour Relations Services, the incumbent will:
- Provide on-going assistance, guidance, and support to the COO, who is responsible for the overall operational management of AMAPCEO including coordination and assistance with the development of annual in-year strategic priorities, and periodic review and re-development of AMAPCEO’s Strategic Plan. Coordinate the on-going tracking / reporting on the implementation status of in-year strategic priorities and other assigned projects.
- Act as the central point of contact for the COO & Director LRS’ Office for all scheduling and logistics requirements as well as managing issues flowing in and out of the COO & Director LRS’ Office.
- Provide accurate document management which includes dealing with many highly confidential documents, memoranda, contracts, proposals, etc.
- Draft, edit and revise reports, track documents, briefing notes, policies & procedures, and other related material.
- Coordinate and administer the COO & Director LRS’ correspondence, including drafting responses or directing the correspondence to the appropriate person for a draft response.
- Research, analyze and provide advice to the COO & Director LRS and the Management team in respect of operations, policy, staffing levels, and confidential Human Resources / Labour Relations matters.
- Coordinate or manage specific projects, including those being led by LRSU Team Leads, and work collaboratively with other assigned staff. Provide ongoing support and assistance to the two Team Leads of the Labour Relations Services Unit to ensure unit requirements and deliverables are met.
- Liaise with staff, members, activists, elected officials, government officials, legal counsel, consultants and staff of other bargaining agents, when required to do so.
- Coordinate and organize management team meetings, meetings between COO & Director LRS and the Team Leads, and other assigned working groups/committees, including coordinating agendas, preparing materials, ensuring accurate meeting minutes/summaries, and tracking of action items and decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess:
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study and at least 3-years’ related experience in senior administrative or program / project coordination type positions, preferably in a union or non-profit or public sector environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of all AMAPCEO’s: organization and structure; strategic plan and priorities; governance policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated capacity to learn about, AMAPCEO’s approach to collective bargaining, labour relations, and dispute resolution, as well as how we support and service our activists and members in these three areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management / coordination and change management principles and methodologies.
- Highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize well, to manage a varied workload efficiently, to work independently and flexibly in a busy small team environment.
- Experience providing administrative and / or project management / coordination support for strategic projects and/ or initiatives in a public sector, not-for-profit or labour relations environment.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently, and complete critical tasks with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Good qualitative and quantitative analysis and research skills, and the ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information.
- Strong collaboration, relationship management, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work cooperatively with Management Team members, other AMAPCEO staff, AMAPCEO Leaders, Board District Directors, volunteer activists, committee members, etc.
- Good judgement and discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive information, for example, financial information, and internal human resource/labour relations information, and the ability to maintain confidentiality always.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and ability to handle highly visible responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare accurate, timely and comprehensive reports, correspondence, briefing notes, and other written material.
- Ability to use a networked personal computer to produce own correspondence, analyses, and reports with text and numeric elements, to manipulate database information and to perform Internet searches.
Work Location: AMAPCEO Office, 1 Dundas Street West, Suite 2310, Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required and occasional requirement to work outside normal working hours.
All interested applicants should submit a résumé with covering letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, January 14, 2020, before 4:00 p.m., to the attention of Farrah Charania, Senior Manager, Human Resources, Information Technology and Administrative Services. A copy of the job description is available upon request.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please provide your contact information to the Manager, Human Resources and Administrative Services. AMAPCEO is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working at AMAPCEO. Only candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.