(Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration)
Full-Time, Permanent effective immediately
Classification Salary Level III - $72,176 - $101,849
This position will provide, develop and recommend financial services to the AMAPCEO corporate office.
Specific responsibilities may include:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration Services, and working with minimal supervision:
1. Provides financial services to the AMAPCEO corporate office:
- Provides day- to-day guidance to the Financial Support position; Oversees the posting of all payments and adjusting entries into the accounting system; Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting; Verifies requests for advances and submits them for approval
- Produces variance and accounting reports; reviews monthly statements with Director of Finance and Administration and Treasurer; Enters and reconciles all monthly investment statements and schedules; posts all investment transactions into the accounting system
- Monitors / tracks Member Leave provisions as per the respective Collective Agreements with AMAPCEO; oversees communications with Government Services and Broader Public Sector agencies regarding member leave provisions; performs monthly reconciliation of leave information for accrual posting into the accounting system
- Liaises with AMAPCEO financial advisors to provide information, assists in resolving discrepancies and expedite budget recording and transaction processing
- Gathers all financial information, minutes, policies, contracts needed for year-end audit process and liaises with the auditors to provide information and explanations; Provides information needed to prepare annual budget estimates
- Coordinates and leads the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the relevant committees of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary; Maintains accurate and up-to-date general ledger
- Oversees and leads the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Oversees monthly reconciliation of financial statements with bank for approval by Director of Finance and Administration and Treasurer
- Prepares financial statements, including cash flow statements; Reviews general ledger accounts and approves journal entries. Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and general ledger accounts; Closely monitors monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Conducts initial internal control evaluations; Oversees insurance and risk management
- Reviews and monitors accounting procedures to improve level of internal control associated with the Association’s activities; Performs financial modeling and analysis and maintains budgeting and forecasting models
- Provides expert advice on business funding decisions including planning, budgeting and overseeing expenditures; Plans, organises and co-ordinates the year-end process with internal and external auditors
- Co-ordinates the acquisition of goods and services for Director of Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer approval, providing detailed verbal or written reports of financial transactions, as requested
- Maintains the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; provides monthly detail to the Director of Finance and Administration and prepares General Journal entries; ensures proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Provides staff support to the Audit and Finance Committees.
2. Provides general administrative services:
- Researches, plans and presents financial reports on office requirements and up-grades, as requested or on own initiative
- Researches, analyzes and provides effective recommendations on various financial issues for the Director of Finance and Administration and the AMAPCEO Chief Operating Officer for approval
- Provides support for and/or performs other administrative position duties when required; Prepares routine correspondence addressing various financial issues, on own initiative or from verbal or written instructions
Candidates should possess:
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA formerly CGA) designation at any level standing
- A university degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or a related field of study, and at least 3-years’ related experience. Demonstrated career path in financial administration
- Thorough and current knowledge of generally accepted accounting policies and practices; In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting practices
- Excellent understanding of AMAPCEO’s (or equivalent organization’s) financial management policies, procedures and practices
- Excellent leadership and time management skills to work under minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with staff, service providers and AMAPCEO members and to prepare reports and own correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize well and to work independently and flexibly in a busy, small team environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, the ability to work with volunteer officers and committees
- Ability to prepare accurate, timely and comprehensive reports; Strong aptitude for detailed and analytical work
- Demonstrated ability to use PC / networked software for financial and accounting functions, word processing, Internet and email
Work Location: AMAPCEO Office, 1 Dundas Street West, Suite 2310, Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required and occasional requirement to work outside normal working hours.
All interested applicants should submit a résumé with covering letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 30th, 2020, before 4:00 p.m., to the attention of Farrah Charania, Senior Manager: Human Resources, Information Technology and Administrative Services. A copy of the job description is available upon request.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please provide your contact information to the Senior Manager: Human Resources, Information Technology and Administrative Services. AMAPCEO is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working at AMAPCEO. Only candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.