Under the direction of the Coordinator of Human Resources and the Senior Human Resources Advisors as team leaders, the position assists in delivering administrative and secretarial services related to operational human resources functions to management and employees of the PSAC and its Components and PSAC Holdings Ltd. such as staffing and internal programs, labour relations, compensation, human resources information systems implementation and general human resources administration and services.
Support to staffing and internal programs by:
- Assisting with the staffing process by preparing advertisement and posting of job vacancies in newspapers, on the PSAC web site and any other sources;
- Preparing screening files, scheduling candidates’ testing and interviews, preparing interviewing kits for selection board members;
- Administering written exams by providing directives to candidates, overseeing exam if required.
Education and Experience;
Recruitment experience preferred.
- The position requires general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial and administrative services relevant to the duties of the position for a mid-size organization of unionized employees;
- Strong knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized;
- General knowledge of the PSAC and its role in the labour community.
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, demonstrated experience and ability to work with word processing, databases and spreadsheet software at an intermediate to advance level and experience with an e‑mail software;
- Demonstrated ability working with human resources information systems;
- Ability to apply various policies and collective agreements pertaining to the position’s responsibilities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French. (Second language will be evaluated);
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a diplomatic, professional and tactful manner;
- Understanding and commitment to union principles, equity and social justice issues.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.