IATSE Local 891 is a labour organization representing over 8,650 professional artists and technicians working in nineteen (19) different departments in the British Columbia and Yukon film industry. The skills, professionalism and world class reputation of IATSE Local 891’s members attract film and television producers from across the globe.
We are seeking a temporary Communications Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting formally to the Manager, Operations and up to the President, while taking daily direction from the Business Representative, the Communications Coordinator, alongside other communications team members, is responsible for development and coordination of communications for IATSE Local 891. Additionally, the incumbent will provide professional office assistance and support to ensure the successful communications of IATSE Local 891.
- Plan, prepare and publish the Member magazine, weekly eBulletin and other print and online assets.
- Assist elected representatives in writing and editing of articles, messages, reports and speech preparation.
- Obtain quotations for print and online assets
- Social media campaign planning, implementation, and analytics
- Prepare and update content for websites controlled by IATSE Local 891 and assist with development of website assets.
- Design and layout of print and online assets;
- Request quotes and negotiate prices with related suppliers and contracted services;
- Maintain and build digital asset library;
COMMUNICATIONS - General
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications strategy and project specific communications plans;
- Coordinate and monitor production and delivery dates within budget and deadlines;
- Maintain organizational style guide;
- Coordinate external advertisements/promotions;
- Work with key stakeholders to maintain a calendar of key union and industry events. Ensure calendar items are promoted in a timely manner;
- Provide assistance with the preparation of presentations.
- Assist with the preparation of online surveys;
- Provide back-up and ongoing relief for other staff positions;
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Education / Experience
A typical qualifying background would include: A Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited college or university in Communications, Journalism, or Graphic Design, or a related field and three to five years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of communications through different mediums including print and digital;
- Proven strong interviewing, writing and editing skills;
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design;
- Proven ability to prepare print projects/jobs from the planning stage through to content development, design, and publication.
- Proficiency in the full Adobe Suite;
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of HTML;
- Basic skill in MS Excel;
- Proven ability to work independently, exercise judgment/discretion, take initiative, and function as part of a team with a minimum of supervision;
- Proven ability to organize workflow, identify urgent work, multi-task, and set priorities;
- Proven ability to handle a heavy workload, handle simultaneous projects, be flexible to changing priorities/deadlines, and learn quickly;
- Knowledge of IATSE Local 891 policies and procedures an asset.
Wage: $32.71 per hour. This position is part of the Unifor 3000 bargaining unit.
Examinations may be administered to corroborate qualifications. Interviewees will be asked to provide samples of work.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00pm October 5, 2020 to email@example.com