Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and coordinate the work in the Executive Director’s office, including scheduling, travel and oversight of correspondence
- Coordinate production and distribution of material for OCUFA Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Record minutes of Executive, with the possibility for voluntary overtime opportunities
- Maintain and update OCUFA policy archives database
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as the needs of the Executive Director’s office evolve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and secretarial skills
- Proficiency in basic graphic design
- Advanced skill using Word, Outlook, Excel and file management software
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines, frequently changing priorities, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, with minimal supervision, while exhibiting strong initiative and judgment
- A diploma, university degree, or relevant education and experience
- Understanding of labour relations in a unionized workplace
- Understanding of and commitment to OCUFA policies, practices and objectives
- Demonstrated experience related to the duties and skills above, including a minimum of 5 years as an executive assistant or equivalent to senior officials
The position is within Level A of the Administrative Category as set out in the collective agreement between OCUFA and CUPE 1281. The annual starting salary for the position is between $61,928 and $65,862. OCUFA also offers a pension plan along with a generous benefits and vacation package.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. OCUFA welcomes and encourages applications from qualified individuals from equity-seeking groups, including women, members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
To receive full consideration, submit a letter of application and CV by 4 pm January 18, 2019.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf document and directed to Michael Conlon PhD, Executive Director at email@example.com.