Vacancy ID#: 2019-09
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Type: Permanent Full-time
Group/Grade: Bargaining Unit/Grade 2
Rate: $57,308.24 (start) - $71,633.18
Date: May 24, 2019
Founded in 1973, the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) is a leading health-care union representing more than 65,000 registered nurses and health-care professionals and 18,000 nursing student affiliates working in Ontario hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health, community, clinics and industry. ONA is committed to the advancement of the social, economic and general welfare of its members providing labour relations services that include representation of members to ensure their rights under the collective agreement are protected and negotiating the best possible terms and conditions of employment. ONA advocates for the highest standards of health care for all Ontarians. Looking to the future, ONA will continue to provide proactive strategies to raise the awareness of the value (including economic and patient benefits) of RNs with all stakeholders.
ONA is seeking to hire a Labour Relations Assistant. Reporting to the Manager, Provincial Services, this position works within the boundaries of ONA’s governing and administrative policies, the vision and strategic outcomes, and team standards. This position provides both administrative support and support in file management in the areas of Professional Practice Health & Safety, and Workplace Safety Insurance Board Appeals.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise, judgment and independence to provide advanced-level administrative coordination and support across their team with a professional and service-focused approach. With high attention to detail and exemplary initiative, the successful candidate will be accountable for providing support to members and staff, and in collaboration with our Labour Relations Officers, in a manner that is consistent with our member values.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
- Make observable contributions to the success of other team members and the overall performance of the team.
- Records management (electronically and hard copy); identify priorities within the tracking system.
- Transcribe documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Draft and prepare correspondence.
- Photocopy and scan documents and correspondence.
- Convert documents from various versions to Word, and/or onto templates provided.
- Produce and proofread materials/documents for our Labour Relations Officers.
- Help prepare, compile, serve and file various applications and responses for proceedings.
- Organizes workload and setting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Processes outgoing mail, ensuring the most efficient method is used for distribution.
- Acquires office supplies, as needed, from the Administrative Services team.
- Calendar management including booking meetings, coordinating appointments and scheduling calls; at times, process incoming/outgoing mail and couriers ensuring the most efficient method is used for distribution.
- Receive inquiries by telephone and in person and direct callers to the appropriate team member.
- Coordinate and maintain ongoing organizational projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to officers, specialists, lawyers, and staff as required and requested.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- Completed post-secondary education in Administrative Services, Business Administration or a related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years in an Administrative Assistant or Legal Assistant support role (or equivalent combination of education/experience satisfactory to ONA).
- Records management experience.
- Certificate, courses and/or experience in project management/coordination is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required; and demonstrated experience in database management.
- Proven ability to act as a dedicated and flexible team player, with a high energy level and solid organizational abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required, including the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive situations while working comfortably and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work professionally with people from various levels of the organization; impeccable interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, visit our website and apply today!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by end of day June 6, 2019. Please include the vacancy ID#2019-09 in the subject line.
The Ontario Nurses’ Association is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.