The Health Sciences Association of Alberta is a progressive union representing approximately 27,000 paramedical, professional and technical members. Our staff are committed to delivering high-quality services to our members.
We are looking for a full time LR Consultant - Arbitrations that will work out of our Edmonton or Calgary office. This in-scope position will be responsible for representing HSAA and its members before various boards, arbitrators, and mediators appointed under the collective agreement. Our ideal candidate is ethical, strategic, well versed in mediation and negotiation techniques and has significant experience working in a unionized environment. With exposure to a broad range of activities and projects, this opportunity will support your career development and aspirations!
What You Bring:
You are a motivated, collaborative, values-driven individual with a minimum of five years’ experience at the senior level in Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Human Resources, or related background. You have obtained a university degree, in addition to, specialized education directly related to arbitrations, mediation, and employment law. Equivalencies may be considered.
You are an effective negotiator and you are skilled in making representation before arbitrators, administrative tribunals or courts of law. You are adept at researching various case law and have a strong ability to innovate and take initiative in the process of grievance resolution. Your expert knowledge of acts, regulations, policies and practices equip you with the ability to impart advice and guidance in the preparation and presentation of grievances to conclusion. You have a thorough understanding of and commitment to trade union philosophy and public healthcare. Travel throughout Alberta may be required for this position as is your innate ability to plan and manage your time effectively.
Your Core Competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving. You assess problems in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
- Drive for Results. You maximize resources to achieve organization goals while maintaining accountability to each other and stakeholders.
- Systems Thinking. You understand broad perspectives, set goals to meet long-term outcomes, and help others to see their role in achieving results.
- Develop Self and Others. You are committed to learning and understand the strategic importance of ongoing team development.
- Agility. You anticipate and adapt to changing priorities and environments. You are resilient in times of uncertainty.
- Develop Networks. You build connections and trust in relationships.
- Build Collaboration. You lead and contribute to conditions that support teamwork, collaboration, consistency and excellence.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation: $80.94 per hour.
- 100% employer paid benefits, flex spending account, and pension plan.
- 35-hour work week. Ability to flex schedule.
Learning & Development:
- Internal and external training support.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to human resources by clicking on this link. Tell us how your skills and experience align with this position. Deadline for applications: Monday, February 17, 2020 at midnight.
Posted: February 5, 2020
Closes: February 21, 2020
Health Sciences Association of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.