Classification: PC Technician – Help Desk
Summary of Duties:
• Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop PCs and peripherals such as printers.
• Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades.
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues.
• Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines.
• Help Desk – Taking initial telephone or e-mail inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems.
• Using judgment and making the decision to generate a trouble or work order ticket for issues that cannot be resolved via telephone or e-mail and will require an on-site visit to the users workstation.
• Assisting the Network Administrator with Tier II Help desk issues.
• Assisting the Network Administrator and/or the Business Analyst with the implementation of special projects and new processes.
• Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to the Network Administrator.
• Rotating backup media. Qualifications: Excellent problem-solving, communications and interpersonal skills, as well as thorough knowledge of PC hardware, software and network connections.
A diploma from a recognized technical institute or post-secondary institution is required or an equivalent combination of experience and industry-recognized coursework.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
Please be advised that a PC Technician – Help Desk position is available with an initial work assignment in Edmonton. The salary and benefits are per the Collective Agreement between AUPE and AULReP.
Anyone interested should forward their application with a resume outlining their related skills, knowledge, experience and other relevant attributes, preferably by e-mail, no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 26, 2019 to Ashley Poirier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about careers at AUPE, please contact, Employee Relations Coordinator, at email@example.com.