Note: The incumbent will not be eligible to a car allowance.
Purpose of Position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units;
- Extensive knowledge and experience or computer-based technology, including office software, internet and e-mail environments;
- Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- Ability to work as part of member-driven organizing team;
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Ability to analyze, recognize mistakes and recommend improvements;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and in French;
- Able to develop contacts and leads which will result in organizing campaigns.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment;
- Innovative, flexible and open-minded;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles;
- Highly motivated;