Salary: $102,212 - $115,043
Employment type: Term up to one year
Closing Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 15:30 EDT
English requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
Search area: Employees of PSAC, Components, and PSAC Holdings Ltd, Members giving PSAC membership number, General public
Competition Number: 9571-0008A-020
Branch/Section: Regional Offices Branch
Group: CULE 1
Classification: Band 12
Purpose of position:
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units;
- Extensive knowledge and experience or computer-based technology, including office software, internet and e-mail environments;
- Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Ability to analyze, recognize mistakes and recommend improvements;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English;
- Able to develop contacts and leads which will result in organizing campaigns.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment;
- Innovative, flexible and open-minded;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles;
- Highly motivated;
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.