Salary: $89,947 to $101,233, plus $1,486.43 bilingual allowance (Expired Salary)
Employment type: Indeterminate
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Closing Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:30 EDT
English requirements: Comprehension, Spoken, Written
Employment equity designation: Designated
Target groups: Indigenous people, Racialized persons
Search area: Employees of PSAC, Components, and PSAC Holdings Ltd, Members giving PSAC membership number, General public
Competition Number: 2140-0014A-020
Branch/Section: Collective Bargaining Branch
Group: Unifor 2025
Classification: Band 11
Purpose of position:
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Negotiations, the Research Officer researches, analyses, and interprets data on wages, benefits, and working conditions for use in collective bargaining, represents the PSAC as a pay and benefits analyst before conciliation and arbitration boards and prepares and presents policy or position papers, bulletins or other documents on wages, benefits, working conditions or other topics of interest to PSAC staff and members.
Education and experience:
The work requires:
- University graduation in Economics, Industrial Relations, Public Administration or related disciplines with related experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Good knowledge of compensation policies and practices in the public and private sectors;
- Good knowledge of the negotiations process;
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and interpret data;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Ability to work with spreadsheet and database software programs.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Understanding of and commitment to union and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document below.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.