Senior Account Manager (Business Development)
Lancaster House is a leader in providing information on labour, employment and human rights law. In this regard, it serves the needs of employees, employers, professional organizations, unions, management and legal practitioners in Canada. In addition, Lancaster House partners with the University of Toronto and Ryerson University to provide professional learning programs in labour law and labour relations.
The primary role of the Senior Account Manager is to actively solicit new and existing business and cultivate relationships with leading industry professional at corporations across the country. In order to convert sales leads into sales wins, a successful candidate must be able to discuss the use of Lancaster House products and services, while emphasizing features based on client needs.
Reports to: Director of Sales & Corporate Development
Location: Toronto (Yonge and Davisville)
Status: 12-month contract, full-time
Duties and responsibilities:
- Learn and thoroughly understand Lancaster House products and services including topics discussed and covered at Lancaster House conferences, workshops, audio conferences, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams (i.e. customer service, internal and external sales teams,) on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for assigning duties and training client service representatives, account representatives and account managers.
- Conduct weekly meetings with client service and sales teams to coordinate initiatives on specific issues experienced by clients/accounts to ensure prompt resolution, superior customer service and further sales growth.
- Approve and maintain records of new and existing courses and subscriptions for the Student Access Program on an on-going basis.
- Manage database expansion projects to revitalize QuickFill prospective lists by conducting extensive research in various markets corresponding to particular campaigns and/or products; identify decision makers and target clients to instruct teams on conducting extensive marketing research to ensure profitability.
Senior Account Manager
- Manage all Site Licence and Full Access accounts; maintain, renew and continually build relationships with key industry executives to ensure continuity.
- Conversion of Select Access accounts to Full Access accounts.
- Meet with SL and Full Access clients across Canada to train and inform subscribers about our services and new advancements in our First Resort database, while linking-and-bridging products and services.
- Pitch LH products and services to union and management educational and training directors across Canada.
- Amalgamating accounts: Strategically analyzes statistics from unions/organizations and arrange calls to negotiate terms and agreements with each individual local/office in order to upgrade accounts.
- Negotiate and close transactions professionally while meeting or exceeding targets.
- Draft and manage payment records and invoices for internal conference sales, Site Licence and Full Access Accounts.
- Identify key training and development executives within organizations to implement and establish “group conference sales” accounts.
- Monitor and track both internal and corporate sales on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Attend as a vendor and exhibitor at professional industry related tradeshows, to create and manage outreach efforts for effective sales and marketing campaigns.
- Manage and leverage sales expansions across all facet of Lancaster House daily business.
- Review and identify viability of business proposals from LH team.
- Manage and execute projects from conceptualization to execution to increase business and profitability
- Other work and duties assigned by the Director of Sales & Corporate Development.
- Undergraduate degree and/or post-graduate degree in business or marketing, or legal related experience.
- Progressive 5-7 years’ experience in sales, marketing or business development is required.
- Knowledge of publishing and conference and/or labour relations industry would be considered an asset.
- Salesforce experience is considered an asset.
- Structured, disciplined and adherent to Lancaster House objectives.
- High level of computer literacy- Advanced knowledge in MS Office: Word, and Excel (mandatory).
- Extensive knowledge and experience working directly with (SQL) databases.
- Exceptional organizational, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience developing and executing tactical sales plans as well as regularly exceeding established quotas and account objectives.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to positively provide feedback to management, colleagues, and clients.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Christen Thomas, Director of Operations, email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, February 7, 2020.
Lancaster House is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.