There is a vacancy for a Senior Administrative Secretary (Grade 4) - Bilingual assigned to the Anti-Racism and Human Rights Department.
Bulletin No. 232
Senior Administrative Secretary (Grade 4) – Bilingual
Anti-Racism and Human Rights Department
Application Deadline: August 16, 2019
There is a vacancy for a Senior Administrative Secretary (Grade 4) – Bilingual assigned to the Anti-Racism and Human Rights Department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Arrange meetings – maintain committee contact lists, inform committee members about meeting arrangements, distribute materials, respond to enquiries, make arrangements for meals and refreshments;
- Organize and maintain files within parameters of the records management system;
- Make travel arrangements as needed including visas, itineraries, accommodation, schedules;
- Produce correspondence, reports, briefs, bulletins, and other documents;
- Format documents, scan text and graphics, manipulate charts and graphs;
- Edit and proofread documents and review for grammar and spelling;
- Use specialized software to format and/or draft layout design for publications;
- Draft routine correspondence and reply to email enquiries;
- Answer phones, screen calls, take messages, answer enquiries and direct calls to appropriate person;
- Open, sort, prioritize and distribute incoming mail;
- Arrange for translation as needed, taking into account priorities and deadlines;
- Post material on the web as requested;
- Conduct information searches on the Internet;
- Take notes at meetings as requested;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years office experience performing similar tasks;
- completion of post-secondary office administration training is preferred;
- oral and written fluency in English and French is essential;
- excellent proofreading and formatting skills in French and English;
- demonstrates a positive attitude and has the ability to work as part of a team.
The Canadian Labour Congress offers a four-day (30-hour) work week, onsite parking, a competitive benefits plan including pension, and a starting salary of $57,610.16. This position is part of the COPE-225 bargaining unit.
Please submit applications in English to the attention of Lori McCarthy, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 16, 2019. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Labour Congress is an equal opportunity employer. Members of equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-identify. Women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, two-spirit, intersex and Indigenous workers are encouraged to apply for this position.