Under the direction of the Social Justice Fund Officer, the position is responsible for assisting in the administration and program delivery of the Social Justice Fund (SJF).
- Be willing to travel to conventions and conferences and accompany the yearly Education in Action Delegation to Guatemala.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Spanish.
- Knowledge of current and emerging social justice issues.
- Knowledge of the Canadian and international labour organizations and NGOs.
- Knowledge of social justice work undertaken by the Canadian Labour Congress.
- Ability to research, analyze and compile data and develop recommendations related to program initiatives.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages, as well as Spanish.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and office suite applications, including databases, PowerPoint, Excel, Great Plains and Access.
- Demonstrated commitment to trade union and equity principles.
- Initiative to take a leadership role in program development and implementation.
- Effective interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.