A temporary, full-time Staff Representative position is available with the Federation of PostSecondary Educators of BC, an organization representing 10,000 faculty and staff in the post-secondary education system. The successful applicant will carry out the duties associated with a labour relations specialist and servicing representative.
The successful applicant has a record of excellent performance in the following: • knowledge, ability and skills necessary for providing comprehensive labour relations services to local unions, including bargaining and contract administration;
• ability and skills in advocacy before tribunals and arbitration boards;
• knowledge, ability and skills in facilitating committee work, and in organizing and presenting workshops;
• knowledge of employment and labour law, and legal research skills;
• interpersonal skills appropriate to a staff position in a member-centered democratic union;
• excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• experience in union organizing campaigns also an asset.
Please submit a résumé and references in support of the requirements. An applicant who has work experience in the post-secondary education system or the public sector is preferred.
This is a temporary full-time position beginning as soon as possible and ending July 31, 2020.
This position is covered fully by the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement between FPSE and CUPE 1004. Under the present terms, a successful applicant will receive a salary in the range of $92,359 to $101,846. FPSE provides an excellent benefits package. Closing Date: Friday, June 28, 2019 at 4:00PM Send Application to: Terri Van Steinburg, President-elect Federation of Post-Secondary Educators 400- 550 W. 6th Ave. Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1 Fax: 604 873-8865 E-mail: email@example.com Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.