CUPE is looking for qualified candidates to fill short and long-term temporary assignments that may arise from time to time at our numerous offices across the country.
There are immediate needs for qualified bilingual candidates with excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages.
Do you want to:
- Advance the working conditions of CUPE members?
- Negotiate improvements to collective agreements?
- Uphold collective agreement rights through the grievance and arbitration process?
- Logical, analytical and skilled at problem solving?
- Committed to fairness and social justice?
- A leader?
Do you have:
- The ability to build positive working relationships?
- The ability to analyze and apply collective agreement language?
- Excellent communication skills, sound judgement, and a positive attitude?
- Conflict management and resolution skills?
- General knowledge of labour legislation?
- Knowledge of CUPE’s structure, constitution, policies and objectives?
- The ability to draft contract language?
All candidates must have knowledge, experience and commitment to the trade union movement, be familiar with issues that unions face, possess excellent oral and written communications skills, and be able to effectively work with people at all levels within the union, government, and other organizations.
Candidates should have extensive knowledge and experience, have a university degree or certification in the related field, or a combination of relevant education and direct work experience, and be free to travel and able to work weekends, as required.
If you are interested in pursuing employment opportunities as a national representative, please send your completed application along with your resume to:
Organizing and Regional Services
Canadian Union of Public Employees
1375 St. Laurent Boulevard
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z7
Fax: (613) 237-5508
As part of our commitment to employment equity, CUPE encourages applications from qualified members of five designated groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people and LGBTQ2+ people.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please