Unifor Local 2002 is seeking to fill a full-time position at our Mississauga office. The Travel/Event Administrator will perform a variety of general administrative and clerical duties. The candidate must be self-motivated, able to communicate verbally in French, highly productive, organized and can work in a busy and dynamic environment. The candidate will report directly to the President of Unifor Local 2002.
Key Responsibilities (not listed in order of priority)
Performs general administrative functions. Duties may include documenting, photocopying, faxing, mailing, computer scanning, voice messaging, typing and word processing.
Reception duties consisting of:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Reception communication by telephone and in-person
- File and maintain the electronic union membership database
- Completes internal and external correspondence
- Distributes legal documents
- Prepares form letters, documents, and distributes as directed
- Receives, opens, sorts, prioritizes and distributes incoming mail
- Coordinates and organizes meetings and conferences
- Book, coordinate, organize travel/hotel arrangements required for members
- Books meeting venues and catering requirements
- Prepares meeting boardroom (s) with audio-visual equipment and flip charts etc.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas within the required timelines
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as directed
- Maintains adequate office supplies and office equipment services
- Works on all elections within the organization
- Works closely with a co-worker in the administration department
- Assist with other duties as assigned by President
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate verbally in French
- Knowledge of the Labour Union sector is an asset
- Completion of College, and/or relevant post-secondary education
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Training or experience in the travel and tourism or hospitality service is an asset
- Two to five years experience working in an office environment performing similar job functions is recommended
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational, planning and communication skills
- Must be punctual, professional, and flexible to work extra hours on an occasional short-term basis: evenings or weekends – some travel may be required
- Must have a personal vehicle and driver’s license
Starting Salary range $45, 000 – 49,000 per annum based on experience and qualifications. Please note the successful candidate will have a six (6) month probationary period.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply for this position, submit a resume to email@example.com.