The University of Regina Faculty Association (URFA) serves as the collective bargaining agent for seven bargaining units consisting of approximately 1,500+ Academic and Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) members. URFA represents full-time, part-time, term and sessional members working for the University of Regina, Luther and Campion Federated Colleges and the First Nations University of Canada located at Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert with workplaces throughout the province of Saskatchewan. The work of the University of Regina Faculty Association reaches lands covered by Treaties 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, & 10. Our office is situated on Treaty 4 traditional lands of the nêhiyawak, Anihšināpēk, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakoda, and the homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation.
Summary of Position: Working under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy for our Association which is geared to engage and mobilize our members and extend the Association’s profile within, and outside of, the University of Regina, Luther and Campion Federated Colleges, and the First Nations University of Canada. You will develop and maintain the Association’s social media profile and web-site, and manage its brand. As an experienced communications practitioner, you plan your work and deliver the requirements identified within your communication plan. You will be able to write copy for the full range of communications products, including: member communications, community relations material, marketing copy, web content and publication copy.
- A diploma in communications or a relevant field (such as journalism, marketing or English), with minimum 3 years of experience working in a direct communications field.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills, and experience working in a variety of communications areas, including: speech writing, member relations, media relations, social media, and public campaigns.
- Website management and/or graphic design experience is considered an asset.
- Preference to candidates with experience working in a labour, political and/or not-for-profit environments.
- An understanding of the nature of post-secondary environment.
- Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize and meet critical and ongoing deadlines.
Terms and conditions of employment, including benefits and salary, are governed by the collective agreement between URFA and COPE 397. (Full time Communications Officer Salary scale - $73,739.36 - $84,799.91).
URFA supports the principles and practices of employment equity. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups. Applicants are encouraged to indicate on their application the equity seeking group(s) that they are part of.
Deadline for submission of applications: 11:59 p.m. Monday, October 12, 2020.
Start date: November 2, 2020 – may be flexible if required
End date: March 30, 2022 – with the possibility of extension
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Heather Ritenburg, Executive Director.