Website Public Service Alliance of Canada
Administrative Assistant – PSAC
As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office
• Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent experience normally aquired through several years of providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
• Good knowledge of the Public Service Alliance of Canada;
• Knowledge of the trade union objectives and activities.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer including ability to use Windows, e-mail, FrontPage and Internet;
• Ability to use spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
• Ability to effectively transcribe, type and perform word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
• Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English grammar;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English;
• Ability to work independently and determine priorities under strict deadlines;
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment;
• High degree of initiative;
• Good judgment;
• Good problem solving;
• Commitment to union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit psacunion.ca.