Website UFCW 1518
Overview: At UFCW 1518, the professional management of revenue from members’ dues is a top priority, and our financial success and acumen is fueled by the accuracy of our numbers. That is why we are looking to add a highly skilled accounting/finance clerk – Administrative Assistant (Finance) – to augment our finance team with daily operations. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that has a natural passion for people, details, numbers and eagerness to learn.
The Administrative Assistant (Finance) works closely with other Finance team members in the administration of financial transactions and is responsible for the timely processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The incumbent maintains an effective professional relationship with multiple stakeholders including management, staff, employers of members, and vendors. You will work closely with other Administrative Assistants and the Finance team to provide various types of financial support to the organization.
Day-to-day tasks include:
• Check, verify and process invoices, credit cards statements and employee expenses
• Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
• Prepare payments for signature
• Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
• Code and post payments
• Monitor customer accounts for non payment and delayed payment
• Maintain vendor relations, portals, and files
• Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end related procedures as required
• Other general support functions as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Natural proficiency with math.
• Completed post-secondary education.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a related finance or accounting clerk role.
• Proficiency with accounting software.
• Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft software (Excel, Adobe, SharePoint, Teams).
• The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information.
• Strong people skills – a polite and professional demeanor when working with allstakeholders.
• Solid communication skills, with proficiency in speaking and writing.
Proficiency in other languages in addition to English
Experience with Sage accounting software.
Post-secondary degree or certificates specializing in finance or accounting.
Posting closes October 14, 2022 at 5 PM
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
UFCW 1518 Admin Assistant Summary of Compensation
Starting rate as of October 1, 2022: $58,656
After 12 months $74,786
Allowances $800 paid quarterly
• All provincial and federal stats
3 weeks to start progression up to 7 weeks
Accumulated time off:
4 hours accrued every week worked (a day off every two weeks)
Sick bank credits:
4 hours accrued every month worked to a maximum of 48 hours.
Benefits (very competitive)
• Dental plan
• Extended health benefits
• Pension plan – 4% employee contributions (no employer match)
• Group life insurance
• Eligible employees:
o Access to a retirement fund
o Life insurance
o Retirement bonus
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com