Branch: Regional Offices Branch
Employment Type: Indeterminate
Position Linguistic Designation: English
Salary: $74,610.00 – $83,976.00 (2021 rates)
Location: Saskatoon Regional Office
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 02/07/2023
Employment Equity Designation: As a result of the PSAC Workforce and Availability Analysis and in accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, preference for this position will be given to a qualified Indigenous or a racially visible person.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office.
• Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, OR equivalent experience normally provided through several years of providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
• Good knowledge of the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
• Knowledge of the trade union objectives and activities and commitment to union and equity principles.
• Ability to effectively transcribe type and perform word processing functions using Microsoft Word.
• Ability to use spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access).
• Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer including ability to use Windows, e mail, FrontPage, and Internet.
• Ability to work independently and determine priorities under strict deadlines.
• High degree of initiative, good judgment and problem-solving.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.