Branch: Representation and Legal Services Branch
Employment Type: Indeterminate
Position Linguistic Designation: Bilingual (English, French)
Position Global Linguistic Level: C1
Job Band: Band 6 AEU II_X
Salary: $61,642.00 – $69,375.00 + $1,585.14 Bilingual Allowance (2021 rates)
Union: AEU II Alliance Employees Union
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 02/07/2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Representation Section, this position provides secretarial and administrative support to the national and/or regionalized Grievance and Adjudication Officers, and/or Alternate Dispute Resolution Officers, and/or Classification Officers and/or Analysts (referred to as “Representation Officers”).
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other work processing functions using Microsoft Word.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including to use Windows, e-mail, spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of English grammar;
- English written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.