Website Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
A busy union office, currently employing six administrative staff and six staff representatives reporting to two full-time federation officers, is seeking a permanent full-time Administrative Coordinator.
- Provides administrative support in the areas of labour relations, including preparation of legal documents for grievances and arbitrations.
- Provides administrative support to Executive Officers, including event organizationand board and committee procedures.
- Other administrative tasks including making travel arrangements, supporting FPSE campaigns, paper and electronic filing, editing, proof-reading, arrangingmeetings and events, word processing of correspondence, notices, reports,
- Administrative support to standing and ad-hoc committees, general meetings, seminars and conferences, including organizing meetings, maintaining committee lists and communications with committee members.
- Creating, updating and maintaining electronic communications such as website and list serves.
- Ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and other general office tasks.
- Additional duties as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This Position Requires:
- Demonstrated experience in support for labour relations staff.
- Demonstrated experience in event organizing.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Laserfiche would be an asset.
- Familiarity with current post-secondary education and labour/union issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Grade 12, plus 3-5 years of related experience as administrative, or equivalent position, preferably in an educational or trade union setting; preferably a postsecondary degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of training, education,
Salary: This position is covered fully by the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement between FPSE and CUPE 1004. Under the present terms, a successful applicant will receive a starting annual salary of $65,891.92 ($38.99 hourly)
increasing to $66,999.89 ($39.65 hourly) after 6 months. Hours of work shall total 65 hours per fortnight assigned in equal parts over nine days.
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
Start Date: TBD
Send Application to: Sean Parkinson, Secretary-Treasurer
Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
400- 550 W. 6th Ave.
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1
FPSE is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants offered an interview will be contacted.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com